Tuesday 12 January 2016

silence of the lambs - Why did Jodie Foster decide not to reprise the role of Clarice in Hannibal?

No, it doesn't imply she didn't like something because that is not correctly what she said.




The official reason I didn't do Hannibal is I was doing another movie,
Flora Plum [a long-cherished project that has yet to be shot]. So I
get to say, in a nice, dignified way, that I wasn't available when
that movie was being shot. But Clarice meant so much to Jonathan and
I, she really did, and I know it sounds kind of strange to say but
there was no way that either of us could really trample on her.




It is only a second question asked to her about whether she watched Hannibal she said:




[whispers] I saw Hannibal. I won’t comment.




This is obviously her being respectful of the movie and leaving her comments about what she thought the direction of the movie should have gone.




There's been so much weird blood about the film. I wanted them to make their movie. I paid $7.50 to see it and you know, go with God. None of us [Foster, LAMBS director Jonathan Demme and writer Ted Tally) really commented on their parade, and no matter how much De Laurentiis commented on my parade, I wasn't going to start talking about him in the press.




Source.



The only guess anyone can take, is how Clarice developed in Hannibal as compared to Silence of the Lambs.



Why did she not take the role? It is just as the quote you gave said, she was previously occupied with her own movie. When she says dignified, I think she is talking about the fact that she is proud of her project Flora Plum.

No comments:

Post a Comment