Monday 25 January 2016

grammar - "open to N" vs "open to V" or "open to V-ing"?

I have seen both examples but am not sure if both are correct. (if both are correct, what are the individual applicable grammar rules?)



There are more examples like these



(a) I am open to any suggestion; 
(b) I am open to the whole truth.


Below is what we could find from google/books between open to V and open to V-ing



(1) I am open to receiving guidance ... (from Sacred Contracts: Awakening your divine potential) 
(2) I am open to letting go of my fear ... (from Discover Your Purpose)
(3) Because I am open to receive. Give it to me ... (from Social Memory and Heritage Tourism Methodology)
(4) I am open to listen (from the Keys to joy-filled living)


So which one should I use for the following example?



(i)I am open to know you. 
(ii) I am open to knowing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment