Tuesday 12 April 2016

identify this actor - Looking for last name of bald, muscular, dead action star named Bryan

I finally found it.



What I did was to go to Wikipedia and search using the following queries:




  • actor bryan

  • actor brian

  • actor bryan -199

  • actor bryan death

  • actor brian death



Not surprisingly, they all had plenty of hits, so I used the 500-results-per-page option and scanned down looking for key terms like death, -199, and actor (and of course his last name which I was certain I would immediately recognize).



Eventually, when I got towards the bottom of the last page of results, I saw Brian James (actor). That looked familiar, so I checked the Google Images page to verify. Unfortunately it wasn’t him, but the name seemed very familiar, so I “hypothesis-ily” tried some variations including bryan james actor (not it), and (randomly?), brion james. Bingo! It’s him.



It is surprising and frustrating that searching for what is arguably a relatively noteworthy public person would be so difficult just because the name was spelled a little bit differently. I guess search-engines still have a ways to go. (I can’t believe I forgot he was in on of my favorite movies, Fifth Element.)



Hopefully the tactics I used are helpful for others in similar situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment