Saturday 9 April 2016

Why was Christopher Eccleston the doctor for only one season?

Initially, he stated that he wanted to avoid being typecast so he quit to move on with his career. However, in this statement in an acting class, he tells a rather different story.




I left Doctor Who because I could not get along with the senior
people. I left because of politics. I did not see eye-to-eye with
them. I didn’t agree with the way things were being run. I didn’t like
the culture that had grown up, around the series. So I left, I felt,
over a principle




He has always adamantly refused to come back for the 50th anniversary so the chances of more elaborate stories about the 9th doctor's adventures are very small. However, there're some rumours he might come back for an all time special featuring all previous doctors so fingers crossed.



UPDATE: The anniversary special did not feature Ecclestone

No comments:

Post a Comment