Monday 2 May 2016

identify this movie - A student who plays basketball but likes to read

I am looking for a movie I saw about 15 years ago on TV.



There was a student who came to a university (I guess) because the university wanted him to play in the local basketball team. As a student accepted because of his sport skills, he was not expected to excel in normal subjects so he got a personal teacher (a girl from the university) who was supposed to help him with the studies.



I remember that she gave him a couple of books to read, without any expectation, but when he actually read them she started to change her opinion on him. The story goes on and I guess that in the end he quit basketball, as he realized what is really important (knowledge, love, blah blah :D). Even though the movie is quite average, I would like to see it again as I remember that I liked it a lot.



Some additional info (hopefully true):



  • American production.

  • From the 90s.

  • It is a normal movie, not an animated one.

No comments:

Post a Comment