Sunday 27 March 2016

single word requests - Correct verb to describe relationships between processes in technical writing

I am writing a thesis, and the tone of my writing is technical. At a few places, I need a specific verb to describe how a particular process/method/technique relates to another process/method/technique. For example, a particular process only focuses on one aspect of a second process but not other aspects of that process. I find it hard to express this.



For example, I want to say:




"the dependence computation process concerns only the connectivity relationship among nodes"




but I feel that "concerns" sound like a human word; it is weird to say that a process/method/technique "concerns" something.



I could replace the word with "cares", "is interested in", but still it looks weird.



Edit:



Let me clarify a bit: "concerns"/"cares"/"is interested in" are words that seem to anthropomorphize the process/method/technique. So I'm looking for a verb which describes the same meaning but can be used by inanimate objects.



Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment