Wednesday 30 March 2016

zoology - Will the "frog in boiling water not jumping out" work on warm blooded animals

There is the famous saying about a frog that is put in water that are slowly boiling will not jump out until it's too late. I realize it happens because of the frog's cold blood that adjusts to the temperature change until it's too late.
Will this work as well on an animal with warm blood, or will the animal jump out ones it gets hot, but not hot enough to cause permanent damage?



Edit due to comments:



Cold blooded animals, like the frog, can adjust easier to their surrounding when the surrounding changes temperature gradually as their body temperature adjusts with the surroundings. Will the same happen to a warm bodied creature, and will it find it easier to adjust to the surrounding if the change is gradual.



For example, I don't like saunas, when I get in them I have problem breathing and I can't stand the heat, which means that I can be in a sauna for a very short time until I have had enough and get out. Will putting me in a sauna at room temperature and then turning it on to gradually begin to heat until its destination temperature will allow me to fill more comfortable and stay longer inside once it's at the normal sauna temperature?

No comments:

Post a Comment