Wednesday 30 March 2016

What was under the sink in A Tale of Two Sisters?

Spoilers ahead, for those who haven't seen this film



I remember watching this film with the commentary on (on the UK double disc DVD release), and the person providing the commentary (their name eludes me at the minute) talks about how the film originally had scenes which implied




the father and Su-mi were having an incestuous relationship.




In fact, I remember the scene being available on the bonus disc somewhere.



This might help explain the unreliable nature of the narration/story telling, as Su-mi might be using the apparition of her Su-yeon as a way of dealing with the death of her sister and mother, and (the above spoiler).



This all makes me think that huge chunks of the film happen inside Su-mi's head. And the kitchen scene takes place in her head, or is partly fictional.



At least, that's my interpretation of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment