Friday 18 March 2016

King crown bearer -- Peter Sellers movie?

There's a scene from a movie I saw many years ago that has stuck with me, but I don't know what the movie is.



Scene setting: Dungeon or other locked area (treasury maybe?) in a castle. A man and maybe accomplices want to gain entry. There's a guard inside, and people on each side of the door can talk to but not see each other.



It seems like it would have been a Peter Sellers movie, but I've looked through his credits and nothing seems to match.



Dialog goes something like:




Guy: open this door!



Guard: Who is it?



Guy: It is the king crown bearer



Guard: Who is that?



Guy: That is me



Guard: And who are you?



Guy: I am the king crown bearer



[...this goes on for a while...]



Guard: If I open this door, whose visage will I see?



Guy: You will see my visage



Guard: And whose visage is that?



Guy: The visage of the king crown bearer



[...etc...]




Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment